友情提示:本文共有 3591 个字,阅读大概需要 8 分钟。
一、阅读下面短文,根据所给情节进行续写,使之构成一个完整的故事。
One fall, my wife Elliand I had a single goal: to photograph polar bears.
有一次秋天,我和妻子埃利(Elliand)只有一个目标:拍摄北极熊。
We were staying at a research camp outside “the polar bear capital of the world” —the town of Churchill in Manitoba, Canada.
我们当时待在“世界北极熊之都”——加拿大马尼托巴省的丘吉尔镇外的一个研究营地。
Taking pictures of polar bears is amazing but also dangerous.
给北极熊拍照很神奇,但也很危险。
Polar bears—like all wild animals—should be photographed from a safe distance.
像所有的野生动物一样,北极熊也应该在安全距离外拍照。
When I’m face to face with a polar bear, I like it to be through a camera with a telephoto lens.
当我和北极熊面对面的时候,我喜欢用带长焦镜头的相机。
But sometimes, that is easier said than done.
但有时候,说起来容易做起来难。
This was one of those times.
这就是其中的一次。
As Elli and I cooked dinner, a young male polar bear who was playing in a nearby lake sniffed, and smelled our garlic bread.
我和埃利做晚饭的时候,一只在附近湖中玩耍的年轻雄性北极熊用鼻子嗅了嗅我们的大蒜面包。
The hungry bear followed his nose to our camp, which was surrounded bya high wire fence.
饥饿的熊凭着嗅觉来到了我们的营地,营地被高高的铁丝栅栏包围着。
He pulled and bit the wire.
他又拉又咬电线。
He stood on his back legs and pushed at the wooden fence posts.
他用后腿站立,推着木栅栏的柱子。
Terrified, Elli and I tried all the bear defense actions we knew.
害怕极了,埃利和我尝试了所有我们知道的防熊措施。
We yelled at the bear, hit pot shard, and fired blank shotgun shells into the air.
我们朝熊大喊大叫,击中了容器的碎片,并向空中发射了空弹。
Sometimes loud noises like these will scare bears off. Not this polar bear though—he just kept trying to tear down the fence with his massive paws(爪子).
有时大声这些不会把熊吓跑。这只北极熊虽然他只是继续拆除篱笆和他巨大的爪子爪(子)。
I radioed the camp manager for help.
我用无线电向营地管理员求救。
He told me a helicopter was on its way, but it would be 30 minutes before it arrived.
他跟我说有架直升机正赶过来,但要30分钟才能到。
Making the best of this close encounter(相遇), I took some pictures of the bear.
做最好的亲密接触(相遇),熊,我拍了一些照片。
Elli and I feared the fence wouldn’t last through 30 more minutes of the bear’s punishment.
我和埃利担心,在熊被惩罚30分钟后,围栏就撑不下去了。
The camp manager suggested I use pepper spray.
营长建议我用胡椒喷雾。
The spray burns the bears’ eyes, but doesn’t hurt them.
喷雾会灼伤熊的眼睛,但不会伤害它们。
So I approached our uninvited guest slowly and, through the fence, sprayed him in the face.
于是我慢慢地走近这位不速之客,隔着栅栏朝他脸上喷了一沫。
With an angry roar(吼叫), the bear ran to the lake to wash his eyes.
与愤怒的吼吼叫,熊跑到湖洗他的眼睛。
二、注意:
1. 所续写短文的词数应为150左右;
2. 至少使用5个短文中标有下划线的关键词语;
3. 续写部分分为两段,每段的开头语已为你写好;
4. 续写完成后,请用下划线标出你所使用的关键词语。
Paragraph 1:
A few minutes later, the bear headed back to our camp.
Paragraph 2:
At that very moment, the helicopter arrived.
三、【范文赏读】
Paragraph 1: A few minutes later, the bear headed back to our camp. He exposed his sharp teeth, glaring at us as he ran forward. The bear again stood on his back legs and roared repeatedly. It seemed that his mouth was full of blood, his eyes red with anger and the mouth widely open. Fearing that the bear would tear down the fence at any minute, we had no choice but to give him what he wanted —the garlic bread. My wife threw the bread at the creature a little bit at a time and however, I snatched my camera, taking one lasts hot of the bear, a photo I had always longed to photograph.
Paragraph 2: At that very moment, the helicopter arrived. My heart jumped with joy as I knew we were likely to be saved. The plane landed near our camp and its loud noises scared the bear. He looked annoyed and came at us again. While the rescuers managed to calm the bear down, we instantly stepped away and ran as fast as we could to the helicopter.Thank goodness! We succeeded in climbing onto the helicopter,breathing deeply with relief. Several hours later, we arrived at home safe and sound, but we realized that I’ve got the best picture ever and it’s all worth it.
本文如果对你有帮助,请点赞收藏《2020年高考英语浙江卷读后续写翻译解析》,同时在此感谢原作者。